I want to write about my house.
I want to read 2 weeks worth of blogs to catch up on all my friends.
We are running low on basics like baby wipes and cereal and bread.
I have family arriving this weekend for Fritz's First Holy Communion.
My top priorities:
- I've already planned meals for the weekend, but not for THIS week, so I need to do that (we had PB&J for dinner last night!).
- I need to put together a REALLY GOOD grocery list, so I can make all these new and unusual dishes and feed a houseful of guests without daily trips to the store.
- I need to go to the grocery store for these items.
- I need to finish moving the flowers I uprooted from the old house into a more permanent container than the "borrowed" recycling containers in which they currently grow.
- I need to do the huge piles of laundry that have been amassing in my laundry room.
- I need to enter a huge pile of receipts into Quicken and pay bills on-line.
- I need to finish sorting my house and garage and at least make it look neat before Friday (for example, my desk is still 2 feet away from the wall so the technician could hook up the internet).
- I need to hang up a bunch of pictures so my house looks like a home...mostly to clear out boxes, but also to decorate the walls. Some pictures can wait, but the big prints and mirrors and icons will look nicer if they are hanging and not just wrapped in a box leaning against the wall.
OK, that's enough. Maybe I'll give myself a break later and describe the Nightmare on 12th Street that occurred last evening at the first of 2 rehearsals for Fritz's First Communion. For now, I'll just point out the obvious: 1 toddler with no nap + 1 baby with 2 incomplete naps + a rehearsal scheduled at dinnertime (5 to 630 pm) - 3 CCD teachers (leaving me the only one there for the first half hour to help the DRE) - 1 wonderful father to help control the children = 1 very grumpy mommy.